Monday, November 29, 2010

C4K 8-11 Summary

C4K #8: For assignment number 8, I was assigned to read the Alba Middle School Blog. This blog was simply a picture of two holes on the USS Alabama and the student was wondering what they should title the picture. My comment for this post was: Hi! My name is Morgan Mohler! I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class! I am so excited that you are blogging and also taking an interest in photography! I love taking pictures, it's such a fun way to capture your thoughts and now you can share your pictures AND your thoughts through blogging! Keep up the great work!


C4K #9: For assignment number 9, I was assigned to read Eliza's blog. This blog post was titled "The Funny Times I had at Queensland." In this post, Eliza talks about her trip to Queensland with her friend Bethany. She got stuck on one ride called the 'Aqualoop.' On this ride, you go into a little box and then the floor falls out from underneath you and you go plummeting down  a water slide very fast. Instead of crossing her arms and legs like she was supposed to be, they were uncrossed because she was so scared thus she got stuck in the water slide. Luckily, it happens all of the time so there was an easy and safe way for her to get out. My comment on this blog was: Hi Eliza!My name is Morgan and I am a student at the University of South Alabama here in Mobile, AL. I was assigned to read your blog as a part of Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class. First of all, I have to say that you are a very brave person! There is no way I could have ever gotten on that ride! It sounds super scary!! Second, I am glad that you are using blogs as a way to keep up with your memories! Blogging is such a good habit to pick up and it will definitely help you both now and in the future! Keep up the good work!!

C4K #10: For assignment number 10, I was assigned to read Amy's blog from Mrs. Huebner's class. The title of the post was Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and it was published on November 12, 2010. In this post, Amy discusses how her class used Skype to talk to another school, Our Lady of Blessed Sacrament, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania about various things. They talked about famous foods, and the students at Our Lady of Blessed Sacrament showed her class the song they use to remember the 50 states in alphabetical order. My comment for Amy was: My name is Morgan and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama! I think it is great that you and your class are getting in to blogging! Blogging is such a great way to enhance your writing skills, and express your thoughts and opinions. It is also exciting to hear that your class is using Skype to communicate with other schools! Skype is such a good tool for students to use to learn about students in other areas! You are doing a great job, keep up the good work!

C4K #11: For assignment number 11, I was assigned to read Clare's blog from Mrs. Haugen's Sixth Grade Class. Her post was titled "The Chalkboard Kid." In this post, Clare gives a brief summary of the a book she has read called The Chalkboard Kid. Basically, the book is about a boy and his father who are forced to get a new home when his dad loses his job and his uncle ends up moving in with them also. My comment for clare was: Hi Clare, My name is Morgan and I am a student of Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading your blog post! It just goes to show how useful blogs really are! You were able to give a summary of your book that you read using your blog and you will always have this to go back and read if you ever need to be refreshed about the book! Your blogging looks great, keep up the great work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment