Monday, November 8, 2010

Google Forms Analysis Project #6

USA Parking Ticket on Windshield


    My Google form asked students several questions regarding the parking situation here at the University of South Alabama. I got a total of seventeen responses to my form. The most popular parking zone was East, which 29% of the students selected as their parking zone. Majority of the responders(76%) said it only takes them between 0-5 minutes to find a spot in their designated zone. However, only 47% of the students had classes that start between 8:00-10:00. I personally think that 8:00 classes are the easiest to find parking spaces for. Only 24% are late to class because they have had to circle the parking lot so many times trying to find a spot. Almost exactly half of the responders gave USA's parking situation a rating of 5 or below, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being "very satisfied." Only 48% rated it as a 5 or below, but 65% agreed that the JagTran system was not a good solution to the parking problems. 71% agreed that South needs to add new parking zones but the majority of the responders were satisfied with the system of having one parking permit per student.
    In my analysis, I found some of the statistics to be contradicting/surprising. Four students from the survey have housing decals, but only 3 of the 4 say they are late to class because of parking. I feel like I have heard so many students that live on campus complain of being late because they could not drive to class with out getting a ticket that I was expecting the housing students to be the most disgruntled with the parking system. Another thing that I did not really understand was none of the students really showed that the parking situation as is had any significantly negative effects on their daily activities but the majority agreed that South needed to add more parking. If parking is fine now, why should we add more?

No comments:

Post a Comment